There can be nothing more refreshing that Gazpacho on a nice hot summer day. Enjoy this special recipe that incorporate a very special Sherry Vinegar from Spain: Sacristia Vinagre de Jerez Reserva. Bon Apetit! ~Ann Marie
For the soup:
- 1 slice county-style bread, about 1″ thick, crusts removed
- 2 small cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and chopped
- 2 pounds very ripe tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and chopped
- 2 T La Sacristia Vinagre de Jerez Reserva
- 1/2 c extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 green pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, seeded, and finely diced
- 1 small tomato, seeded and finely diced
- Soak bread for 30 minutes in a small bowl with water to cover. Squeeze out excess moisture with your hands.
- Puree bread, cucumbers, tomato, garlic, vinegar, olive oil, and one cup water in a food processor until very smooth.
- Push the puree through a coarse sieve with the back of a wooden spoon. Gazpacho should be fairly thin. Season to taste with salt.
- Chill gazpacho in refrigerator for at least 2 hours. Adjust seasoning. Serve in individual glasses, or in soup bowls with garnishes on the side.
Recipe from Saveur